Pages

Must Have Android Apps

About a month ago I had to replace this phone. I'm glad that I have a new working phone, but not happy at the price. The article about my experience will be here in a couple of weeks.


With all of the iPhone apps out there, I thought it was time to share my favorite Android apps and something special about them. All of these apps are free and available on the Android Market.

Angry Birds: A free physics based game that has multiple levels and extras to unlock. Also available is Angry Birds Holidays which has a Christmas Advent Calender, Halloween levels, Valentine’s Day levels, and likely will have more themed puzzles throughout the year.

Extras: You can now purchase plush copies of your favorite birds and pigs. There is also a board gamethat reminds me of a backward game of Jenga. If you are a fiber arts fan, there are several amigurumi patterns based on the characters, and there are even bento birds!

Calorie Counter: Scan the barcodes on the foods you eat to keep a food diary. Join Groups to meet your health goals. You can also keep track of your exercise.

Extras: Sync your Calorie Counter app to the Fat Secret website.

Mint: Keep your budget with you! If you are already a Mint user, you can sync your account and stay on budget no matter where you are!

Slice It: A geometry game where you “slice” shapes into a predetermined number of pieces.

Find It: Good for pre-schoolers. The “Find It” games give you two pictures that you need to find the five differences in before time expires.

These are the apps that I have either had fun wasting time with, or the most useful on my Android. What other Android apps are you using?