Pages

The Sinclair Institute Is Geeky About Sex!

I'll just let this one speak for itself...


Photo: Alpha du Centaure, Wikipedia Commons

February 3, 2011

We have already reviewed different ways to breach the sex topic with our kids, but what about the adults? When you’ve been with the same person for awhile there is a chance things could get a little…er… stagnant. If you are worried this is happening in your sex life, or you just want some new ideas from real couples, I suggest the Better Sex Video Series: Sexplorations – Volumes 1, 2, & 3 .

I received the video series by the Sinclair Institute for Christmas from my husband. I should say, my 1-year-old son dumped it out of the envelope it was hiding in until before it was wrapped. I attempted to rescue it without looking at what it was, but couldn’t help a double take when I saw it. That evening, I put on my puppy dog face and explained to my husband what happened and also wanted to make sure our sex life hadn’t lost it’s spark.

After assurances that I still make my husband’s heart go “pitter patter,” I waited for two long weeks to open the set of videos and give them a closer look. I have to say, I was impressed. It’s not sex education, it’s friendly reminders of how to appreciate your partner – without necessarily jumping right into intercourse. This video series features real couples talking about their feelings, expectations, likes, turn-offs, and communication. Imagine that – communication plays into sex – who would have thought!

Kama Sutra, toys, massage, role playing and more were discussed and (I should warn) acted out by the couples who were interviewed. Yes, there is SEX in the video series, and a lot of it. You may think several things while watching the series such as, “wow, our sex life is dull I’m glad I’m getting some suggestions here,” or, “I’m glad someone else feels that way too,” and even, “we might need to give that a try sometime!”

Above all the message in the series is – know your body and talk to your partner.

Sexplorations volume 1-3 by the Sinclair Institute is available on Amazon. I recommend it for anyone in a married/committed relationship looking for realistic visual aids and advice on how to spice up their sex life.