Pages

Diary Entry: Sunday

WORDFEUD

TIME: Off and on all day
Total time: .5 hour

What happens while you are playing?
My 10-month-old is not climbing all over me at this time and my daughter is distracted by coloring, dancing or playing in her room. I have five minutes to check if it's my turn. If it is my turn, can I beat the kid clock and play a high scoring word? I got in about six turns today.
What do you feel while you play?
It's like my own personal adult time. I get to use my brain and feel smart for a few minutes. What a relief.

ROCK BAND

TIME: After Dinner
Total time: 1 hour

What happens while you are playing?
My husband and I put our son in his jumperoo, our daughter bounced back and forth between my husband playing drums and myself singing, or she danced around.
What do you feel while you play?
I LOVE playing this video game with my family. My daughter really looks forward to us turning on Rock Band even if all she does is dance around. Singing is something I only started doing in college as part of my degree, so it is nice to be able to put those skills to use - even if it is just a game.